Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
FSWP is the most sought-after category under economic immigration to Canada. Applicant must meet the following basic requirements :
- English / French Language Proficiency at level CLB 7 in all four skills. (Canadian Language Benchmark link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html)
- Canadian Secondary or Post-Secondary degree or its equivalent supported by Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report from a (recognized agency link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html)
- Minimum one year of continuous full time (1560 total hours or 30 hours/ week or 15 hours/ week work experience over two successive years. Work experience in an eligible profession within the last ten years (more years of experience lead to higher points).
- Proof of settlement funds.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
This category is for people experience in skilled trades such as industrial, electrical and construction trades, maintenance and equipment operation trades, manufacturing, chefs, cooks, butchers and bakers. Some of the basic requirements to qualify under this category are :
- Meet language proficiency requirements in English or French
- Have two years* of full-time or equivalent work experience in a skilled trade within five years before applying.
- Valid job offer.